Because It Hurts So Good and You Know It.
Living with a lackluster sex life is something that not even our ancient ancestors did. In an effort to generate sexual pleasure from whatever means necessary, our former family members would craft sex toys out of anything they could find. Having explored all avenues of human sexuality in the meantime, we eventually came up with more ways to intensify our orgasms, whether alone or with a partner. Enter: The modern-day sex toy, a revolutionary innovation that’s bringing couple’s together as fast as it’s tearing them apart.
Contemporary sex toys are not only more body-conscious than ever before but they’re also far more versatile than we ever thought possible. The industry now has something for just about everyone, with devices designed for everything from pleasure to pain. So why would anyone buy and try a product that restricts the blood flow to their sensitive nipples and/or causes them to feel a slight twinge of pain? For many people, that sounds like a nightmare. Well, it’s because a thug needs loves too, and your nipples are straight-up gangsters.
Listen, when I was first introduced to the wild and crazy world of nipple stimulation I was skeptical at first too. The only thing that came to my mind when I heard the words “nipple clamps” was a picture of Buffalo Bill from ‘Silence of the Lambs’ pinching his own nipples while saying his iconic line: “Would you fuck me? I’d fuck me. Hard.” Not exactly the vision of inspiration if you ask me, but once I let down my guard and experienced a good pair of clamps for myself, the whole world changed. Now I kind of understand why Billy boy was so obsessed with turning his own dials, although I would have chosen a different shade of lipstick personally.
The most important step towards enjoying a well-rounded sex life that includes nipple clamps is to first understand what they are (and aren’t) so you can finally get that disturbing image out of your head. It does not have to put the lotion on its skin to avoid getting the hose again. It merely needs to do some simple research before spending any of its hard-earned money. Let’s all be wise, not weird.
- What Are Nipple Clamps?
- Why Use Nipple Clamps Though?
- The Top 5 Ways to Tell If Those Nipple Clamps Are Worth It or Not
- The Three Kings: My Top 3 Best Nipple Clamps In 2020:
- BEST OVERALL: Metal Worx Magnetic Crystal Tip Nipple Clamps
- BEST FOR BEGINNERS: Entice Triple Nipple and Clit Clamps with Chain
- BEST FOR BDSM: The ElectraStim Bi-Polar Electrode Body Clamp
- The End Game
What Are Nipple Clamps?
The name “nipple clamp” makes this sex toy’s definition rather obvious to most people, but just in case there are still a few people out there who have no idea what I’m talking about: Nipple clamps are simply a unique family of safe and secure nipple-sized locks that get fastened onto the nips of a person regardless of their sex, gender, nipple size or experience level. Most commonly used during BDSM exercises, well-made clamps are beloved for their ability to cause a wave of gentle yet stimulating pain to surge through the nipple and breast, restricting/reintroducing the blood flow therein and therefore producing a remarkably kinky sensation that’s enjoyed by people from all walks of life.
In general, nipple clamps come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors depending on the manufacturer, its intended purposes and the user’s preferences. However, the three most popular types of nipple clamps include the following:
- Clothes-Pin Style – A safe, secure and sexy version of your mother’s laundry equipment, sometimes made out of precious metals or other skin-safe materials.
- Tweezer Style – An alternative to a quick pinch with your fingers, tweezer-style nipple clamps can be used to apply pinpointed pressure intermittently.
- Clover Style – A terrific tool for dominance and bondage play, since they become tighter when you pull on them or struggle against them.
There are countless piercing nipple clamps too, but those are generally reserved for serious BDSM play that involves breast torture and severe dominance. Either way, a nipple clamp just has to apply direct pressure to the wearer’s fun bags until the one in charge says stop in order for it to be fun and functional. In fact, nipple clamps have become such a well-respected sex toy that the average couple owns at least one pair (and even if they don’t practice BDSM). So, what’s all the hype about, how can you jump on the bandwagon, and why is it important to do your homework before spending any money? I thought you’d never ask.
Why Use Nipple Clamps Though?
Convincing someone that they should buy and/or use nipple clamps is not what I’m here to do. I couldn’t care less if you ever achieve the kinds of orgasms I have in my lifetime. My objective is merely to point you in the right direction towards the perfect sex toy of your choice, and if I end up making you fall in love with the subject matter along the way then so be it. Don’t feel bad if you’re starting to get intrigued by nipple clamps; it happens to the best of us. After all, a recent poll conducted by a large group of professional perverts illustrated exactly why nipple clamps are so badass.
The results of their ground-breaking sexual behavior study showed that there are at least 10 common benefits to high-quality nipple clamp ownership, including but not always limited to the following:
- Nipple Clamps Are an Ideal Tool for Bondage – My guess is that about 80% of all nipple clamp purchases are made by someone who is about to engage in some seriously well-equipped BDSM. However, bondage is becoming an increasingly popular pastime for solo artists who have the right tools on deck. Therefore, a good set of clamps for your nipples is often the most practical (and least intimidating) sex tool in your box. Versatile and secure, nipple clamp ownership allows you and/or your partner to stay prepared for whatever the mood inspires.
- Nipple Clamps Are Unisex – As we all know, both males and females have nipples which feature thousands of nerve endings that produce pleasurable sensations when stimulated. Considered an erogenous zone for both sexes, the nipple is a terrific spot to get foreplay going regardless of your gender. In other words, high-quality nipple clamps don’t discriminate.
- Nipple Clamps Play Well with Others – Simple and unobtrusive, high-quality nipple clamps can assimilate quite nicely into your existing sex toy collection and bedtime routine. Not only that, but they can be used in tandem with your favorite devices without getting in the way. The added sensations provided by each clamp can increase the intensity of your orgasm too.
- Nipple Clamps Are A Kinky Couple’s Wet Dream – Although well-made nipple clamps can be worn without a partner’s involvement, the toy’s overall design makes it ideal for couple’s play and dominance games. Not only that, but even the best nipple clamps are surprisingly affordable and can be added to the existing sex toy stash without making too much of a fuss (or taking up too much space).
- Nipple Clamps Are Superbly Discreet – Especially for those engaging in a little in-public BDSM with their new toy, the discretion provided by good nipple clamps is unmatched. And since good clamps can be worn for several hours if you/your partner so choose, it’s important to know that the best designs are made for that specific purpose. Ideal for wear under loose-fitting clothes, high-end nipple clamps can add another level of kink to your already amazing sex life by giving you both a dirty little secret to keep.
- Nipple Clamps Are Globe-Trotters – Not only will you find a wide variety of nipple clamps in every nook and cranny of the world, but you’ll also notice that these particular sex toys are easy to store and extremely travel-friendly – giving them the reputation of being a globally beloved kink item that lost its taboo long ago. And while you still may have to check your bag at the airport, that’s not always the case anymore (especially if the nipple clamps in your luggage are made out of plastic).
- Nipple Clamps Are Low Maintenance – Unlike complex sex toys that require a lot of time and attention to keep them in top working order, nipple clamps are extremely simple to use and maintain. And because they aren’t recommended for internal stimulation and are almost always made out of skin-safe materials, the best clamps on the market are crazy easy to clean – a quick splash of water and ample time to dry is about all it takes.
- Nipple Clamps Are Compatible with All Body Types – As one of the most user-friendly and versatile sex toys we’ve ever had the pleasure of using, nobody gets turned away from the pleasures that await. Big or small, male or female, fully-abled or differently-abled, nipple clamps can be used by anyone who has a healthy set of nips and a sexually demented mind.
- Nipple Clamps Are Customizable – There are too many nipple clamp variations to mention in one article, but keep in mind that the sex toy industry has done a remarkable job of creating a product that’s almost 100% customizable. Whether you’re picking out y-chain lengths, selecting the best clit clamp attachment or deciding on how much bling you want, the wonderful world of nipple clamps is truly a consumer’s paradise.
- Nipple Clamps Can Reawaken Your Senses – For some people (especially women), the application of well-made nipple clamps can stimulate otherwise desensitized body parts (namely the post-nursing breast). And while nipple clamps can be used by both male and female participants, the point is that there seems to a slight medical application for these remarkable sex toys which would otherwise be considered strictly for kink.
It’s easy to see why the popularity of nipple clamps has skyrocketed in the last few decades. And as the demand pours in the supply pours out in equal measure. Nowadays, the average consumer is inundated with so many options that it can be downright impossible to find the right product. Clever marketing ploys, misinformation and mass confusion play significant roles in the difficulty as well. It’s not enough to know what nipple clamps are or why they’re so popular. You also have to learn ways to sift through the rubble and come out with the product of your dreams. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to keep reading. No worries; there won’t be a quiz at the end.
The Top 5 Ways to Tell If Those Nipple Clamps Are Worth It or Not
Picking out the perfect pair of nipple clamps is a highly subjective task, but here are some objective factors you can look at or think about to determine whether those nip clips in your shopping cart are worth it or not:
- The Materials
Not all nipple clamps are made from the same stuff. And while most are comprised of some sort of skin-safe material, that’s not always the case. Find out whether you or your partner has any sensitivities or allergies to certain products. If so, stay away from that material and find something else that works. Unfortunately, you can’t use condoms with nipple clamps of the wrong material like you can with dildos and/or masturbators. As always, steer clear of anything that contains parabens, phthalates or latex. For best results, choose nipple clamps that are made out of silicone, PVC, TPE, polycarbonate, elastomer or steel.
- The Pinch Strength
Every person has a different idea about how much pain equals pleasure. As such, it’s important to look at how strongly the clamps clip down on the nipple. See if the strength thereof can be adjusted in any way – either by tightening/loosening screws, removeable clamp covers, or otherwise. Especially for nipple clamp newbies, it’s crucial to find something that can grow with you as you become more comfortable with the limitations of your body. Generally, you can tell how intense the pinch will be by examining the type of clamp that’s used. Magnetic or clothes-pin style clamps are usually less intense than clovers and tweezers, but again there’s always an exception to the rule.
- The Customization Options
Perhaps the best part about picking out a pair of nipple clamps is exploring the various options available. From sparkling chains of adjustable lengths to dazzling details of epic bling, today’s sex toy industry has spared no expense to give us all what we truly desire. When it comes to buying nipple clips, however, it’s important to consider how versatile the device will be in your particular sex life. Customization options are crucial here, especially if you enjoy the company of several people or like to try different things. The right nipple clamps will always be a team player regardless of how they function or what they look like.
- The User-Friendliness
Using a nipple clamp on yourself or on a partner is not complicated, but it still requires a little knowledge and some good equipment. Not only can improper nipple play be potentially dangerous but it can also kill the mood faster than 40 going West. To ensure everyone has the best time possible, be sure to select a set of nipple clamps that are both well-made and user-friendly. That usually involves things like adjustability and customization, but it should also include stuff like easy removal ergonomics, durable components, and easy functioning. In other words, don’t let things get too complicated unless you’re a confident professional.
- The Storage
Most of the time, your new nip clips will come with a handy dandy storage bag, pouch or box. Depending on the maker, the quality of the storage container will vary widely. The best manufacturers know that keeping track of delicate nipple clamps can be difficult, so they provide sturdy boxes with hard outer shells just in case. And while getting your hands on something as swanky as that might cost a little extra, it’s certainly better than having to purchase your nipple clamps all over again because the first pair got lost or damaged.
The Three Kings: My Top 3 Best Nipple Clamps In 2020:
On today’s sex toy market there are more nipple clamps than you can shake a stick at, but that doesn’t mean you’ll never find what you’re looking for. You now have a concise definition, 10 reasons why nipple clamps are so popular and a 5-point set of comprehensive guidelines to get you started. Still not sure where to turn? I’ve taken the liberty of vetting out the top three models in the industry. Here they are in all their glory (you’re welcome).
BEST OVERALL: Metal Worx Magnetic Crystal Tip Nipple Clamps
As the sexiest and most travel-friendly nipple clamps on the market, this dynamic duo allows you to experience pleasure and pain at the same time as looking like your nipples have been pierced by a professional. Elaborately designed out of polished skin-safe steel and decorated with sparkling diamanté stones, the 2-inch Metal Worx Magnetic Crystal Tip Nipple Clamps add a touch of glam and a dash of kink while being user-friendly enough for both newbies and pros. This amazing product even comes in a luxury travel case with a hard, outer shell to make ownership that much more enjoyable (and attractive).
Pro: Overall, this product is a prime example of everything a good set of nipple clamps should be.
Con: The clamp strength is slightly more intense than some people might like, plus it’s not nearly as adjustable as it could be.
BEST FOR BEGINNERS: Entice Triple Nipple and Clit Clamps with Chain
Don’t be thrown off by this sex toy’s peculiar name. It is not for people with three nipples, although they’re welcome to try it anyway. The Entice Triple Nipple is a trio of clamps – two for your tits and one for your clit. Adjustable and therefore ideal for noobs, each clip features a comfortable pad that can be removed later for a more pungent pinch. The non-tarnish, nickel-free chain is finished in a brilliant rose gold and measures 25 inches in total length – perfect for almost all body types and certainly ideal for every budget despite it’s relatively luxurious appearance. Made by a trusted company, this smooth and delicate series of chains is more durable than it looks too.
Pro: The clamps and chain length variations are all adjustable so you and/or your partner can find the perfect fit.
Con: The clamps don’t tweak the nipples nearly as intensely as some people prefer, although the removable cover helps that a bit.
BEST FOR BDSM: The ElectraStim Bi-Polar Electrode Body Clamp
More than just a clamp for you and/or your partner’s nipples, this BDSM favorite clips onto any erogenous zone and then transmits waves of electromagnetic pleasure to the targeted area. His spring-loaded clamp opens to a generous 50mm to provide a firm grip on whatever the Master chooses. With ergonomic handles coated in plastic for superior insulation, the ElectraStim Bi-Polar Electrode Body Clamp provides direct simulation to wherever you place it and allows for optimized control by the dominant, with a series of powerful and fully customizable vibe/e-wave settings that range from extremely gentle to firm and punitive.
Pro: This bad boy comes with the standard 2mm pin connections, making it compatible with almost any electro-sex power box you already own.
Con: You’ll have to buy two of these to stimulate both nipples at the same time.
The End Game
It’s not always easy knowing what the body wants, especially when that body belongs to someone else. Fortunately, the wild and wonderful world of sex toys is replete with pleasurable options that are all designed to help us figure that out. Meanwhile, and without prior planning, nipple clamps have become one of the best selling marital aids on the planet, with no indication of taking a back seat anytime soon. The sheer selection can be daunting, but hopefully you now have a few ideas as to which model would work best. The key is to find a pair of nipple clamps that provide you and/or your partner with a safe and satisfying sexual experience (hopefully more than once). If that takes an e-stim device or two feet of sturdy chain hanging off of a pair of magnetic clips with removeable covers and adjustable pinch strengths, then so be it. Sometimes pleasure is pain, but the pain of confused shopping is never pleasurable.
I’m Rori. I’m glad you’re here with me on this crazy journey.
Since this is a sex blog, most of the content relates to the men (and women) in my life. I’ve divided my life over the last five years into little “chapters” to help you catch up on the story and the cast of characters involved.